Lion GPT error boot...

censor

• Administrators

You can do a search for "X1300" on the forum. You should get these 2 at least:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1579-lion-on-dell-optiplex-755-with-radeon-x1300-128-mb/page-2&do=findComment&comment=15302

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2032-dell-vostro-200/ (read Edit #5 too)

The patched kexts should even be available in the Vostro200 SL bootpack.

If you want to run Lion or ML or later on that Optiplex 745, you'll have to replace your ATI Radeon X1300 card to get full graphics support. If you need a low-profile card, the above Vostro 200 thread lists one that works OOB.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Look for any differences on DSDT table and Chameleon boot plist between the bootpack you use initially and what you have after EDP System Build. A System Build will create a backup of your previous /Extra folder, so it's also easy to compare and revert if required.

I assume that when you say "install EDP", you extend that to doing the System Build, not just installing EDP. If not, then yes, you ought to meet problem as installing EDP does replace your current /Extra folder but does not populate your computer with what is specifically required for it. That is the System Build result.

There could also be something wrong with the default kexts for your own Optiplex 745.

Maybe it's time you list:

- your system's specs

- your Cham boot plist settings and SMBIOS profile at initial install

- your /E/E kexts at initial install

then

- Cham boot plist settings and SMBIOs profile after EDP System Build

- your /E/E kexts after EDP System Build

Then let's take it back from there.

Hey.ok i will begin with this tomorrow evening. Thanks for all help so far

Yes i mean after done a build not just install EDP.

And how can i see get this info, is it in Chameleon Wizard app i can get this?

Cham boot plist settings and SMBIOS profile

• Administrators

That would have been a very useful info to get from the very beginning... <_>

VMs are often problematic. Why don't you make a real installation instead? You more likely to get support and succeed in installing Mac OS X.

What do u mean real installation this is a real one only is that i build my usb installation dongle on a vm that mostly are clean machine from drivers.I will try now to create a usb myhack dongle from a psychical  os x hackintosh, ASUS PQ5-EM with Nvidia gx 5200 card running OS 10.6.8

• Administrators

Even for the purpose of creating OS X installers, VMs are often problematic. We've had several bad reports related to that: files missing, chameleon not installing, KPs, etc.