Ethenet on Inspiron N5010 laptop with RTL8103T card problem!!!

pham.tam1208

• Administrators

[...] if you guys have an Intel wireless card onboard, either disable it in the BIOS or take it out; they're not supported. Intel cards often lead to KP when booting the Mac OS installer.

For the guide, look up the documentation in EDP pages (click on EDP tab at top of your page).

Basically, using a Mac or an existing Hackintosh:

• download and install myHack
  • create your 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9 installer
  • when prompted for your Mac OS software, click browse manually and point to your downloaded installation app or InstallESD image
  • upon completion, re-run myHack and select Create Extra; if you don't have a bootpack (I don't think we've got one for your machine), use the generic offer
  • if you use myHack 3.1.2, you're ready to go, if you use myHack 3.2Betax, you need to install Chameleon v2248 or above to your USB installer. Chameleon v2255 installation package is available off osx86.net (http://www.osx86.net/view/4069-chameleon_v2.2_svn_r2255.html), otherwise, use Chameleon Wizard to update your USB installer partition.

ChamWizard.png

• try your Mac OS X installation (I don't believe you'll manage to install on an MBR partition though, I recommend you format GPT)

If you still have KP, then we'll need to work on it, but as I said above, Realtek have not released any driver since SL; try it anyway (copy the attached kext in /Extra/Extensions of your USB installer then run myHack->myFix (full) on the installer) and if that does not work, disable your LAN card in the BIOS if it's possible. You'll then need a supported (non-Intel) Wireless card to get network connectivity.

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

• Administrators

myHack used to support installation on MBR partitions/disks, but I believe this could no longer be the case. However, I've not tried that for a long time as I only use GTP formatted disks (on which I can still install Windows if necessary) BUT you may notice that myHack prompts you for a MBR-support mod towards the end. Give that a try...

Do you want this because you have an existing Win installation that you wish to keep? An alternative would be to install OS X on an external (USB) disk: either a separate unit or, if it's big enough, a 2nd partition of your USB key...

i have an existing win install that i wanted to keep, and wanted to play with Xcode app creation but found running it in VMware didn't quite have enough RAM spare all the time.

I couldn't see a relevant EDP set for the Dell 5010 any suggestion for which set up to use

cheers

Will 

• Administrators

There's no bootpack or EDP System Build for your machine, correct. As such, we have to start from scratch on that model. Maybe we'll need to extract a DSDT file from Windows too... Look here for details: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/

Regarding the RTL kext, I'd check which version might exist by default in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext (right click on the kext, select "Show Package Contents" and browse to Contents/PlugIns subfolder. Right click on the RTL8169 kext and select "GetInfo"). The kext attached above is v2.0.6.

If you still get KP with either, I'd try to remove all instances of the RTL kext...