myHack 3 and ML with lastest software update

SubStandard

Just wanted to report that I installed the 1.1GB software update that Apple released today without incident.

I just installed it and rebooted and set UseKernelCache=No on the Chameleon command line, then ran myfix (long) and rebooted as usual. No problems to report so far. I still have everything working including sleep.

Reports as version OS X 10.8 (12A193i).

Thanks,

Dan

Several other users reported the same to me today on IRC. Though you dont have to boot with UseKernelCache=No - simply boot with "-f" (without the quotes), as stated in the release notes we've patched chameleon so that -f will ignore both the kernelcache and the kextcache instead of only the kextcache as it did in the past. 8-)

I installed the newest as well. Manually rolled the audio back and that was it. no myfix...no nothin else needed.

still don't have sleep though.

thanks

Rick

Aurora, IL

just installed the latest release available to developers.....no sweat.....didn't have to roll anything back...it seems that this update just put in some new features and refinements.

The latest software update installed fine. However, after restarting I can no longer run MyHack successfully. I was looking at testing some kexts that might get my ethernet working and tend to run a MyFix run after fiddling around in the Extensions folder. When MyHack asks to choose the target volume, the volumes don't come up and instead I get a list of numbers.

post-1016-13826558011387_thumb.png

The latest software update installed fine. However, after restarting I can no longer run MyHack successfully. I was looking at testing some kexts that might get my ethernet working and tend to run a MyFix run after fiddling around in the Extensions folder. When MyHack asks to choose the target volume, the volumes don't come up and instead I get a list of numbers.

This problem was reported to me almost a week ago, and I have made a bug fix I have just been very very busy and unable to release it. The problem was caused by apple deciding to change some of their drive utilities conventions in DP4 so it was parsing the inode data instead of the path to the mount point.

I will attempt to release the bugfix later today.

Here I am 2 weeks later, I got caught up in other things I have going on and forgot to release that update to fix the issue spanky posted about. I'm going to release it today, for real.

Also waiting on my GM download from apple app store - it's going pretty slow but hopefully I can test it by sometime tomorrow. Initial reports coming in are all good, aside from the known bug with myhack running on ML DP4+.