D630 just hangs on the install?

attitude630

Errr... what do you mean by "second screen"?

Are you trying to install using external screen and/or port replicator/docking station?

If so, you are bound to fail. Try clean install on laptop only. No external devices.

Sorry, using a second screen as the laptop goes blank. I connect at this point

No docking station.

D630, a17 bios, 4gb, 80gb disk, usb keyboard and mouse to see if tney worked

Install was just the laptop - no extras! during install the laptop screen works, so i could format the hd as guid etc. During boot, it goes black at the video play start.

Regards

I don't get it? So you have a d630 with intel graphics connected to an external LCD display. Is that correct? U used our method to install OS X but u cannot see a picture on your internal screen? Correct me if I am wrong?

Yes d630 with intel gma965, primary display shows a scambled output repeated in 4 corners. When i add a secon screen, i get a background picture and rt click mouse lets me change it. Tried graphics mode = various, but no joy. The boot starts with whitish screen and a spinning wheel and sometimes? A progress bar. When it completes, tne screen goes black .

I cant make anything out on the primary. its split into 4 but not readable

I usedthe link in the fourth post to get a boot cd that allowed me to install the commercial 10.6.3 disc i bought. As your dl620 process would not install the 10.6.3 commercial i have.

I have the 430 image and need to create the relevant boot to allow me to use that image ( i restored it with usbit to a stick ) - but have not done it yet. Trying to get back to the osxlatitude.com post but safari wont open ( using ipad )

Did i miss something? Is there another method?

Regards

Ok, the link is now working.

I built the 420 image onto a usb using usbit, booted and the install fails.

Dd and bzip2 are not working on win 7

Anyhow, i tried booting with a second screen active from the get go. Fn f8 resulted in the laptop screen having the desktop primary displayed in quarters!

I checked the system config and i think its a driver issue. The system reports x3100 graphics card at 1280x800. Is this the same as intel gma 965?

Also, sound works but is uncontrollable, and no lan at all.

I pressume its fixable ? How to replace drivers on a mac? Where to start ? I pressume a bootloader update or kext ? What fun hackintoshing is :-)