Latitude D520 help

Guest AbbaCadaver

I'm on a D620, with Intel graphics, and I've been looking around for the EDP 1.5 RC to download. Can anyone help me? I was able to get everything up and running on the base 10.6.0, but when I upgraded to 10.6.6, the only thing I seemed to lose was my accelerated graphics (didn't try sleep etc..). If 1.5 fixes this, I'll be very happy.

I'll only be truly happy though, once I get rid of this Intel wireless card.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

I'm on a D620, with Intel graphics, and I've been looking around for the EDP 1.5 RC to download. Can anyone help me? I was able to get everything up and running on the base 10.6.0, but when I upgraded to 10.6.6, the only thing I seemed to lose was my accelerated graphics (didn't try sleep etc..). If 1.5 fixes this, I'll be very happy.

I'll only be truly happy though, once I get rid of this Intel wireless card.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Jay,

Goto the "EDP release forum"

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/forum/8-releases/

Here you go :)

I've got everything working now on my D620 running OSX 10.6.6!

This includes Ethernet, Sound, Accel Intel GMA950, and Sleep/Resume.

Next step is to buy a compatible WiFi card from eBay.

Thanks to everyone who dedicates time to this effort. It is absolutely appreciated!

Regards,

yep.. try that..

Actually, using -F alone in chameleon booted the OS fine. That was the last thing it occurred me to do. Ignore all kernel flags.. Ugh, I should've tried that a day ago.. *facepalm*

Now I guess I'll upgrade to 10.6.6 and install chama 2/edp 1.5 again..

Be back in 2 hrs! (after I'm done dling & installing 10.6.6)

Ok I'm back, and now running 10.6.6 to some successful degree. My most immediate concern is getting the built-in ethernet port working, as I have to transfer a few files over wire to an ancient system incapable of wireless.

For some reason the ethernet port has worked under a fresh install of iFail 10.6.3, but stopped working after an upgrade to 10.6.4.

I'm still looking for a fix for that.

Thanks for your help.

For the time being I found a quick solution in the form of a USB to ethernet stick (linksys USB200M) I found lying around. No drivers were available for OSX, or at least it couldn't be recognized by the OS. Fortunately some guy made drivers for it. http://www.sustworks.com/site/news_usb_ethernet.html

It's a temporary fix that seems to work just fine.

Still looking for the built-in eth perm fix

• Administrators

Hi,

I'm sorry, but is a bit hard to support when you are running iFail, since our EDP package is build for a vanillia setup.

iFail, might contain changes to the system that is imposebil for us to predict.

That said, i had a D520, and while we do include a network kext for that model, its not stable at all.. my solution was also a usb adapter.