No Ethernet Dell D620

rjamer

Hi

I am following the intstructions in the forum to install ML on my D620 GMA950 with full QE/CI.   I am using the Hi-res bootpack and ML 10.8.5.  I get to step 7 in phase one where I reboot my computer however when I do this I have no ethernet.    Any ideas of what the problem might be?  I have previously had ethernet working running Lion, however I can't remember if I had to install any special kext's .

Note that I have'nt attempted to excute phase 2 - MLPostFactor yet.

Cheers

• Administrators

Could be that the pack contains the wrong kext. We found out there were 2 different kexts for that Broadcom LAN card, one was universal binary code and caused issues, the other one was full Intel code and worked Ok. There's at least a couple of posts on that matter either in D6xx or D4xx sections with a copy of the Intel kext.

Thanks for that.  

I managed to install 10.8.5 using the instructions for MLPostfactor.   Everything seems to work OK.  However when I did step 14. open up Terminal and type "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a i386" to rebuild 32bit mode cache; this will remove the need to boot with "-f" flag.

I got the following error, however as I mentioned above everything seems to work and I do not need to boot with the -f flag.

amers-macbook:~ Amer$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a i386
Password:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]:  _AcpiHwRead
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]:  _AcpiHwWrite
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.