Jump to content

D830 Working perfect. Thanks OSXLatitude.


Recommended Posts

A big thanks to all those that helped develop this site.
My Dell latitude D830 is now up and running, after two failed attempts (why? - because I was dropped at birth, my excuse and I am sticking to it).

Anyway, I updated to OSX 10.6.8. At the end of the procedure, the laptop ran perfectly without a single hiccup. I am totally impressed as it is working flawlessly and yes, I will be making a donation.

I did have problems getting my head around the procedure as its a bit confusing to a newbie. Plus I may have to update the cpu as 2ghz is a bit underpowered for one of the applications I want to run.


A very brief description:
Bios updated to A17

Disabled wifi
Ensure Sata control in AHCI mode
(couldn’t find “EPET set to 64bit.)


Used myhack to install 10.6.3
had this clash warning come up 1/ AppleTyMCE Driver.kext


Used a second flash drive to install Extra - when requested.


Then used EDP, this took along time, checked it for 2 hours then left it overnight.
At the end I updated to OSX 10.6.8 and hey presto my system worked perfectly.



Davyd :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Create New...