Dell Precision M4300 Woes

Carnch

I used myHack and the EDP pack from this site to install OS X Mavericks to my Dell M4300. The install went great and everything seemed to install as expected. However, after the install there are a couple of problems I'm running in to. The first is related to the track pad and keyboard. My track pad doesn't seem to work all the way. It works fine up to the login screen. After I enter my password and log in the track pad stops working. The track pad buttons still work and the internal keyboard works. It just doesn't respond to finger movement. Also I get a popup every time from the Bluetooth Assistant saying there is no keyboard (oven though it does work) and I have to connect a USB keyboard to get it to not come up.

My second issue is that occasionally when I boot it goes past the apple screen and so on and when it comes to the point where the gray screen with a mouse cursor is supposed to appear I get a blank black screen. This doesn't happen at every boot and if I shut down and restart a couple of times it comes up fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the link. Actually I was able to get all of my problems fixed.

The touchpad problem was that I had to disable "Use two fingers to scroll" in the "System Preferences/Touchpad"

The boot to black screen was solved by patching the DSDT.aml file. There's a section where I had to change "NVDA,Quadro" to "NVDA,Parent"

The Bluetooth Assistant I was able to disable under System Preferences.

Hi Carnch

I also own a M4300 with Quadro FX360M and have also the problem of booting into an Blackscreen quiet often. Could you please describe a bit more for me, what exactly you did by patching the DSDT.aml file. I would appreciate a lot.

By the way: I'm turning crazy with a strange behaviour at least in firefox: very often, when I write in any kind of textfield, I suddenly cannot write anymore. On any tap the systems gives me a sound like a birdtwitter. I first has to click in another textfield for continuing writing in the origin textfield. No idea, what this comes from and how to avoid it. By writing this, it happened to me several times. When I put the cursor back to a previous word in this text any tap results in this twitter. After putting the cursor out of this textbox, tapping once and the going back to the textbox lets me write again. Strange, isnt it? Any idea?