M4300 Bootpack - Revamped

Xeon3D

Hi.

I'm a recent (and proud) owner of a M4300 (got it for €30), and I got it since it looked very compatible on the compatibility list, but to my surprise, I guess not much work has been done on the Extra bootpack for it.

To be honest, I'm not really up-to-date on the new hackintosh thingies (Clover, et al) even tho I've been here since the deadmoo (or was it deadcow? can't remember!) image days. Every installation media and every install I did, and believe me when I say I've done a few, was either handmade or thru myhack (to save time honestly) and to my surprise, I'm glad you (we?) are using myhack as well to create the media.

I really haven't looked at EDP to be honest, but from what I see it looks it's just not updated enough. Then again, I was never a fan of post-install do-it-all apps. It's my believing that whatever Extra folder is able to boot the system, should be able to boot the install media (and vice versa) so I don't really see a point in having something like EDP (or the stupid beast thingy from "thiefymacx").

Having said this, I'm going to be working on creating an updated Extra folder that should be able to boot the Installation media and at the end of the install if the user chooses to install that extra, it should be everything he needs to do to be able to boot and use a nearly fully working OS X.

I'll be opening up a repo at github soon where people can contribute. I've already recompiled the DSDT with no errors and three warnings (but I'm trying to get rid of those too), and got a few nice kexts (Patched AppleHDA for Mavericks at least) which should be in the repo soon.

And since the M4300 is similar to the D830, everything should work there too. But note that since I only own a Quadro-based FullHD+ M4300, support might not be the best for the Intel GPU-based ones.

So if you own a D830 or a M4300 hop in and say hello! :)

• Administrators

Hi, you should have searched the forum. An up to date bootpack exists for the M4300 with ML/Mavericks and has so for several months now... It's just that the Compatibility Chart needs updating but that'll soon be done.

Bootpack is here and will provide you with everything you need; nothing further required, unless you have specific add-on hardware that is not taken care of (eg: specific wireless card).

PS: There was no Intel GPU-based M4300, it's only fitted with the nVidia Quadro FX360M. Models only differ by screen resolutions (WXGA 1280x800, WSXGA+ 1680x1050, WUXGA 1920x1200).