camellion

Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad T410

Thank you so much for the step by step guide to install Mavericks on my T410!  I have updated my BIOS, replaced the wifi card, and all seems well. 

The one thing I miss is the multi touch gestures on the trackpad.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I was searching around online and found the T410 does support multi touch gestures with the original drivers. 

I also found something called Better Touch Tool which is said to improve the multi touch support on apple machines.  I installed Better Touch Tool, and that software displays a message that says 'No multitouch capable trackpad found'.

If there is any way to enable multi touch support, I would love to try it.  I'm also open to replacing the actual trackpad hardware if possible.

Any and all help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the step by step guide to install Mavericks on my T410!  I have updated my BIOS, replaced the wifi card, and all seems well. 

The one thing I miss is the multi touch gestures on the trackpad.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I was searching around online and found the T410 does support multi touch gestures with the original drivers.

You can find in the Package a folder named Patchs. There is an explanation about configuring the multitouch gestures. Two fingerscroll is enabled, three finger swipe can be configured and pinch to zoom doesnt work with that touchpad.

Hello camellion,

Thank you very much for the guide and Extras for T410 - I was able to run Mavericks on my T510. My request is if you or anyone else can suggest how to install Yosemite on the same machine. It looks like myHack is still not updated to install 10.10 version.

Thanks.

Yes myhack isn't updated jet. But it use a couple of tools like the chameleon bootloader. Search for chameleon boot loader update fore Yosemite. There you can find all information about installing. But some features won't work like iMessage.

Hi camellion,

Thanks for info and suggestions. I found a post on another forum about using a software based on chameleon bootloader (link) and I got it to work about an 1h ago using your Extra and Extensions.