Dell Latitude D830 Intel GMA X3100 - ML with full QE/CI

marlawre

Hello all

I am following this guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2468-dell-latitude-d830-intel-gma-x3100-ml-with-full-qeci/ - I am working with ML 10.8.5.  In the guide, I get to this step 6 under the ML Post Factor section:

reboot off your initial ML disk/partition, interrupt the boot process at the Chameleon delay bar and select this newly created installer with options & flag: DSDT=/Extra/<dsdt filename> arch=i386 -f

I enter this, it loads the white screen, and then the screen goes blank.  I tried adding -v as well and it loads fine to the point I guess when it is loading the video drivers - that is when the screen goes blank.  I have downloaded all the files from the guide, followed it step by step.

Anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas that I can follow?

Thanks

Mark

• Administrators

Ok, nothing wrong there. The only thing I can think of is your screen resolution: you may have a model for which the DSDT provided in the bootpack is not adequate (it's the table for the 1280x800 LCD).

The compatibility chart provides 2 boot packs: 1 for WXGA (1280x800) D830 and 1 for WUXGA (1920x1200) model. If you have the HiRes screen, just extract the DSDT from the HiRes pack and use it instead of the table you've used so far (replace the DSDT.aml file in /E/E).

• Administrators

Don't use the Lion HiRes pack in full; extract the DSDT off it and place it in the ML pack from the guide, replacing the LoRes DSDT. If you have the HiRes screen of course, because you never answered...

I have used the HiRes DSDT for MLPF and it works great. After running MLPF, the machine boots, but then I get the same black screen on the regular boot.  I have copied the HiRes DSDT to the regular partition, and the machine will not boot - even with wireless disabled.  I tried to put the HiRes DSDT with the lores bootpack and regenerate the MyHack installation - it won't install - just hangs after about 20 minutes...won't go any further and that is with wireless enabled and disabled - any ideas anyone?