M4500 love?

lowerseven

Hey folks,

I rarely see any love for the M4500. Just wanted to report that MyHack was able to install 10.9 no problem at all. No bootflags were manually needed either. However, as with all, there are some problems.

First and foremost is the trackpad doesn't work. I fiddled with the Elan KEXT but when I put that in, it either KPs or the trackpad AND keyboard won't work. I rolled back to whatever MyHack put on and the keyboard will work but not the trackpad. It doesn't work in safe mode either. Any ideas? Does this PC have a Alps or am I headed in the wrong direction?

I found a VoodooHDA installer PKG and it was able to kick the sound into gear.

Sleep, obviously doesn't work. Anything I could try or is that a lost cause? Crossing fingers it isn't, but I'm sure it is. I found a DSDT from olarila but it would KP. Speaking of which, I tried dabbling in DSDT patching but I could never get it to compile without errors. Shoot, I extracted the DSDT and it would still error out without any patches even.

It has one of those POS Dell WiFi half cards so I bought an Atheros AR5BHB92. Hoping that'll fix WiFi.

Anything I could post to help rectify these things?

There is surprisingly little out there in regards to hackintoshing M4500s and I'm not sure why. It seems like a pretty great upgrade from the M4400/E6500 and they're cheap, mostly in great condition, and plentiful on eBay.

The keyboard looks like it might be the same as the one in the E6400/E6500/M4400. Try the VoodooPS2Controller build that's bundled with most E6400/E6500/M4400 packs; it might not fix your trackpad but may get you keyboard and track stick functionality at the very least.

Speaking of duplicate, I think I might be onto something. I poked through Kext Wizard a bit and found that the VoodooPS2 kext never loaded. I do, however, see that ApplePS2Controller loaded. I tried manually loading the Voodoo kext and in console it says that ApplePS2 is already taken as a loaded kext. Of course, I searched the entire hard drive for any traces of the stuff Voodoo said to remove and didn't see anything there except in my Downloads folder.