Latitude D430

prion

The only thing I can get close with is a dvd that has uphuck referenced. I'm really new at this. My friend got it somewhere for me. She has a really fast connection. I've tried several. I could get everything working OK except after a while the mouse gets really slow. Wireless works Usb OK. I cannot get 1280x800 that the screen can do. I tried everything here that I can understand. I tried that iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) cd with a retail snowleopard but it kernal panics at boot. At this point I don't exactly know where to start. I tried EDP but there is nothing exaxctly for D430. The D630 did not do much for me. Is there a specific D430 that I am somehow to dumb to find?

• Administrators

Please move your thread to the Dell D4xx section of the forum. You'll need a retail version of Snow Leopard to install it (10.6.0/10.6.3/10.6.8). That ithingie tool is not supported here, you know where to get support for that...

With SL, if all you have is a legit' retail SL DVD, you can install Snow Leopard with Nawcom's ModCD. As I've said several times, it'll allow you to, at least, make a temp installation of SL from which you'll be able to make an image of your retail SL DVD and, subsequently, a myHack USB installer (use myHack v3.1.2 for SL) using the process documented in "EDP" menu at top of page.