E6420 10.10.1 NVS4200 install issue

Budroid

Thanks Jake, The solution in the post above also helped me with my E6420 with Nvidia. The HDMI and internal display now work.

I have the same issue as well. With docking station only VGA works, no video to external monitor on DVI. Any thoughts on what might be the issue.

Thanks.

• Moderators

DVI doesn't seem to be working for me too. I used a Display Port to DVI adapter and that works, but can't get both working at the same time. It's either LCD with VGA / LCD with HDMI / LCD with DP. Can't get both external running at the same with LCD close either.

• Moderators

Sorry, forgot to mention in the guide. Sleep is not working with the nvidia card. To achieve sleep, you'll need to use the Intel HD3000.

Just replace with the DSDT-off.aml and change the BIOS to Optimus Enable. No need to rebuild.

If you want to use your E6420 with the nvidia card go to insanelymac and download the dsdt with working sleep, not sure if it works with the boot-pack provided by JakeLo

HDMI-Audio is only working with voodoohda, brightness change only with FN+F3 Pause

If you use JakeLo's AppleHDA.kext change the layout-id to 0C

dsdt edit

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }

or rename the layout12.xml.zlib from applehda.kext/contents/resources to layout0.xml.zlib and repair permissions