Premade SMBIOS Support

Takahashi

I want to choose a SMBIOS configuration that is the closest possible to my computer hardware.

I found such (MacBookPro11,3), however, I can't find a bootloader that lists it in its premade devices list, much less supports it. I transferred the MacBookPro11,2 configuration that I developed in Clover over to Chameleon. The end result was that Chameleon didn't recognize it (yellow alert icons everywhere), and as soon as I used it in Yosemite, my device was labeled "unrecognized" and I see "DSMOS has arrived" on each boot.

So, which bootloader (or branch of one) has the most complete SMBIOS support?

Thanks!

• Administrators

The best way is to add your own SMBIOS plist to your installer. Place it in /Extra for Chameleon or in EFI/... (can't remember) for Clover.

Chameleon Wizard app provides a fairly substantial list of SMBIOS profiles. However CW is no longer updated since end of last year. You may use another tool called Champlist from which you can choose all sorts of Mac Model and export a SMBIOS plist file. I have used that Champlist method in the past (for MacBookAir1,1 profile) and it worked perfectly with Chameleon even though it was not available in the CW list.

• Like 1