Trackpoint on D630

ktazn2k

Has anyone found of any kext or combination of kexts that allows the trackpoint and its buttons to work, along with additionally the keyboard and trackpad fully working?

I'm still using ALPS touchpad by anv/slice 1.1.5 and while the trackpad and keyboard works real well, the trackpoint and its buttons do not work at all.

This is the last thing to get working on this machine and it'll be 100% perfect.

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure one of the PS2 options of EDP does it, but I'll be damned if I could tell you which one…  :o

You could try them one by one, but you may lose keyboard and trackpad in the process, so make sure you have a backup method of some sort to fall back on your feet if/when things go wrong and revert to working set of kexts.

What I found to get the trackpoint, trackpad and keyboard all working eventually was to use the ALPS touchpad driver by ANV/Slice, BUT you have to open the kext package contents and remove "VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext" from Contents -> Plugins.

This does have its drawbacks however. Even though this makes the trackpoint and its buttons fully work, you can no longer do two finger scrolling (or any type of scrolling) with the trackpad. This may be ignorable because I thought the scrolling was god awful to use with the kext in the first place. Tap to click still works fine though. Trackpad movement is also perfect without any glitches. Finally, it will show no trackpad found in System Preferences so you can't change any specific trackpad settings.

For now this is the best method I think to get all three working to a good degree. Of course, if anyone can find a way to get the trackpoint working with all the multi-touch gestures of trackpad in addition, that would be beautiful.

• Like 1