Dell E6530 - kernel panic

JohnS

If you can help me with a kernel panic, I'd be very grateful.

When my computer starts up, while I still have a grey screen with a black apple logo, I get a panic.  There's a lot of data on screen.  I think this might be a key extract:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (217.92.1)(i've omitted the rest of this line).

Booting with -x does not help.

I dont' know if it was a good idea, but I decided to reinstall the OS.  But it still is happening.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Here are the specs.  I have Mavericks on a Dell E6530.  I installed using the process set out here (including the Extra folder suggested on this page):

System Model: Latitude E6530
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Processor ID: 306a9
Intel HD graphics 4000
BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A09, 13/12/2012
SMBIOS Version: 2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

Thanks very much,

John

• Administrators

what boot loader are you using. the problem is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement which means it is power management related. there are many ways to correct the problem. one is using null cpu kext another is deleting said kext from S/L/E. then you have clover fixes like asuspm fix and pearl patches i believe rolling back to an older one is also an option for some but not for you since ivy bridge does not need that kext at all for it to function properly. ivy bridge uses -XCPM for ivy power manegment