Issue after direct El Capitan upgrade

Zevgoli

As you know I upgraded my Yosemite to el Capitan via direct upgrade. After install, everything worked including TP Link (Realtek)wireless WIFI. The weird thing was when the Green lan utility started up to connect, it's icon did not appear on the dock. Instead it used the maps icon to visually indicate it was connecting(bounces up and down).

Later I had issues after updating some software and I lost the wireless Ethernet connection. I have been unable to reestablish this. So I upgraded my Yosemite backup with Ethernet done with CC cloner to el Capitan in the hopes of regaining Ethernet connectivity. When I try to connect the Green Lan app has chosen the finder as its dock icon to show connectivity. This did not work. I have fiddled with this since, uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek kexts and making sure they are in the 10.11 folder in Clover. I have reinstalled both the green lan and WLAN apps at different times tried pinning them directly on the dock nothing works. The USB wifi shows up in network as disconnected but I seem to remember that's normal until the utility tries to connect. I am using the 8188CUS kexts as always.

This is a weird one I know. Any suggestions? I am using a base Optiplex 760 as my hackintosh.

Cheers, Howard

What's the version of El Capitan ? Clover version ?

As you may know, Clover's injection for kexts installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 doesn't work anymore since DP3 (or was it DP4, can't remember :unsure:) or PB 3 (same remark here).

You now have to use Clover r3251 (minimum) and put all extra kexts in L/E or S/L/E and add specific arguments in RtVariables so the untrusted/unsigned kexts are allow to load.

See here or here for further info to disable SIP.

I am installing PB 1 with clover 3253.

I noticed that on the sites you referred me to some people are adding arguments to the plist in clover to changed unsigned kexts to a signed state. Do you think this could work? Also you mentioned SIP. Being a novice in the hackintosh world, could you give me an explanation of what that is? In the meantime I will keep on looking for a solution.

Much appreciated.

Cheers, Howard