E6400 Intel GMA 4500MHD

etomharper

Good night, some Advanced User could clarify what is really incompatible with the GMA 4500MHD?

(so it will be possible by changing the Mobo him for one with Nvidia chip, but until that happens, we will trying to GMA since it is what we have for today and I want to use kkkk Mac) - or, above all, someone could let me know which Mac version will run "fine" in the E6400 with Intel GMA chip?

it would be possible, take this DSDT of available here plate, edit and remove all about NVIDIA her and put patches of GMA 4500, will work? even without graphical acceleration, but at least the resolution, and DisplayPort ....

or, at least take everything on the NVIDIA chip to be able to use the board with GMA. it would be possible?

• Administrators

There are just no drivers for the GMA 4500MHD GPU because Apple never used that chip and it's not compatible with previous OS X GMA drivers (GMA950/X3100) or subsequent OS X 1st gen Intel HD drivers.

There are no DSDT patch to fix anything in that respect and nothing you can do to get graphics acceleration working on your E6400. It's been looked at by many people in all directions in vain these last few years. You can still install OS X on your laptop per sé, but it'll run poorly. No version will run "fine", well at least according to my definition of the word; more like driving a limping car... 

Do search and read the existing Hackintosh literature on the matter, it's been extensively covered. As far as I recall, some people tried to patch X3100 drivers and kind of obtained some limited success with resolution, but it was all very inconclusive.

I would not waste much time on this really if I were you, this is just not an appropriate platform as a Hackintosh. Full stop.