Need help with a Latitude D630

jacatone

Jacatone,

You need to be a little more 'hungry' to get this lil' Dell of yours up, up, and away.

I have EXACTLY your Laptop - a Dell D630, (with a Low-Res 1280x800 Intel X3100 for Graphics), and with Herve's assistance some 18-odd months ago - I was able to leap into Lion, pretty damn quick.

Back when I had a crack, EDP(v6) still had a couple of teething issues - so Herve shot me a 'special' Boot Pack - and once I received this from him, Lion was running in less than an hour on my otherwise destined-for-eCycling Dell, from start-to-finish.

Don't be disheartened by Jake and Herve's responses to you so far -

Their responses are in fact perfectly justified, if it appears that you haven't really bothered to have a reasonable look throughout the 'Site to start with...

The reason I say this, is that if you had - you would have stumbled onto my plea for help from Herve about a year and a half ago, that fully presents all of the necessary details to get you to the same place that I currently stand.

A Dell D630 - deployed without drama, on Lion v10.7.5 - and believe me when I tell you, it performs flawlessly, and just cruises soooooooo good! 

(I'll do you a solid though, here's my original post -> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7210-d630-w-intel-x3100-low-res-1280x800-dramas-with-edpv6-and-lion-1075/  )

Follow your nose CAREFULLY through this topic - and without much fuss or fury, you too - can have a body like mine!

(Don't forget to send Herve a Private Message, and thank him for the hard work which he had gone to, to make this as easy for you - as it was for me...)

PS - Herve and Jake;  Once again lads - my hat is off, well and truly off - to your weapons-grade continuing contributions...

The Random01

(c;=

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic