El Capitan on Latitude E6420 Intel HD 3000 graphics

cecco

I reinstalled el capitan with more attention, after the advice of jake, and I noticed that not giving these commands (see photo) PC hibernates not start, it will be a case? who knows! however, there remains only the boot problem ...; and that the problem !!!

post-89988-0-07977800-1458311119_thumb.jpg

I had the issue of it going into hibernation until I put the proper DSDT.aml file in the proper location in the EFI partition - once that file was in place it booted just fine to the login screen and wasn't an issue anymore and I mean the DSDT.aml for the E6420 with 1600x900 resolution which I found in another thread, the one that comes with the boot pack doesn't work - at least it didn't for me personally). The DSDT (which is needed for the 1600x900 and the dual link aspect) I'm speaking of is in this post:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8686-newb-install-help-e6420-el-capitan/&do=findComment&comment=56396

Can't say it'll help you in your situation but that got me past the hibernation issue. You do have to rename it to DSDT.aml from the filename it uses.

Here's my full EFI setup (doesn't include the SSDT stuff, this is what's on my installer stick only), you're welcome to try it. I have an E6420, Core i5-2540 CPU, 8GB, Intel HD 3000 graphics, and this folder for the EFI partition is what works for me now every time - it took me two damned days to get it working for my machine so maybe it'll be of some use to you.

I just looked at your EFI folder, the DSDT.aml file you have is the wrong one, it's 33,853 bytes - the proper DSDT.aml for the E6420 with dual link 1600x900 Intel HD 3000 graphics is 33,882 bytes. That's how I noted you're using the wrong one.

The EFI folder I'm sharing here should be used on the USB stick only because you'll need to add the SSDT.aml for your specific E6420 to the EFI folder on the hard drive after you install Clover on the hard drive - that SSDT.aml file isn't needed on the USB stick, at least I don't think it is as mine doesn't have one.

Anyway, good luck, I hope this helps somewhat.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Well no, that DSDT is for the dual link version meaning 1600x900, sorry about that. The DSDT for the 1366x768 resolution would be the one that's 33,853 bytes in size so the one that comes inside the E6420 boot pack designed for that resolution. I never used the E6220 boot pack myself since the E6420 version(s) exist.

I haven't been able to get the EFI booting properly so I gave up and just went with the regular method which is working for me now.

Hello everyone, I wanted to inform you that thanks to the advice and updating of Jake Lo guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54633) I have solved all the problems relating to the installation and post installation of el capitan on my latitude e6420 and with this I wanted to express my appreciation on the knowledge and availability who has shown me, following me step by step; Thanks Jake !!!