[SOLVED] latitude 3340 no audio output

Benidiktus

hi,

i have successful install el capitan 10.11.3 on my latitude 3340. I use clover EFI boot attached in this link

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/

all most work fine except wifi and sound. for wifi i could use USB Wifi and that not a big problem. But no sound output from speaker or headset. It has sound only when i plug in to HDMI with my lcd TV.

I read for el capitan 10.11.4 there is a new kext for ALC 255. Can i use that kext to enable sound output? or there is other setting need to enable audio output?

thank you

• Moderators

No, you need the update kexts for 10.11.4 (ApplHDA_ALC255) found in the Update section in post #4 of the guide you're following

Just follow the guide. Place the kext in /L/E and repair permission and rebuild cache

No, there's no AppleHDA in Clover, only in /S/L/E and it needs to be there

Hi Jake,

i think i made a mistake with rename appleHDA_Alc255 to appleHDA and copy to /S/L/E. i have revert it back and copy again Applehda_alc255 to /L/E and do permission again. Now It's Wok both for internal speaker and headset jack.

Thanks Jake