[SOLVED] E5450 El Capitan success.. need some minor help

Shazam214

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again. I have good news. I was able to install 10.11.5 thanks to your advice. The two variables to change were also located at 0x15b and 0x15c.

Right now, I'm stuck on step 10. Generate own SMBios and SSDT. The script ssdtPRGen.sh  tells me :

Error: Unknown processor model ...

Aborting ...

Done

My processor is the i5-5300U, broadwell architecture. I'm not sure that there is a Mac with this architecture right now.

Is there a workaround or do I have to wait until ssdtPRGen.sh is updated ?

Thank you for the third time. Maybe there will be a fourth time now.

I've used the  ssdtPRGen.sh beta as you mentioned. It seems to success. I placed it under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

The problems I have now is that the machine can't boot directly. It boots to Clover. Then, In Clover, I select "Boot OS X from Macintosh SSD", it does something, I see the white Apple logo and the progress bar but then it reboots.

The only way I have to boot is to boot with the  <Your USB Installer device> , then to Clover, and finally to Macintosh SSD. This is identical to steps 12 and 13 of the 2: Install OS X El Capitan chapter.

I followed the 3: Post-Installation.

Did I miss something ?

The network works fine. Wifi doesn't work (Intel 7265 I think) but you mentioned DW1560 so I'll look into it later. Sound doesn't work. Special Fn keys doesn't work too. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this stuff when it's late !

• Moderators

Did you read step 14 of 2: Install OS X El Capitan?

For sound, make sure to follow steps 6 to 8 of 3: Post-Installation

For function keys, I believe it has the same keyboard as E7450. Follow the post install of that guide.

OK, so now, I think I can tell that everything is working. Would you like me to create a new thread specifically for my configuration ?

This is a Dell Latitude E5450, 14" 1366x768, Intel Core i5-5300u with HD5500, BIOS A13, I have an old SSD OCZ Vertex 3 in it.

I did have the following issues (solved using Dell Latitude E7450 El Capitan Clover UEFI Only guide page) :

EDIT 1: I have bought and received my DW1560, bluetooth is working, so is WiFi. I'm not sure if I have 5 GHz enabled.

•  /dev/disk1 (internal, virtual)
  • need to set DVMT to 96MB
  • sound not working
  • non beta version of ssdPRGen.sh
  • Bluetooth/Wireless not working

Working:

• Full QE/CI 
  • Audio with patched AppleHDA using Fix for 10.11.5
  • Ethernet
  • USB 3.0
  • Webcam
  • Fn Hotkeys (at least brightness, sound volume)
  • Sleep, Processor P&C-States with Native power management
  • HDMI Video
  • Battery management. I'm not sure how to test. All I can say is that is can be recharged correctly and Os X can monitor current, voltage, and capacity. I don't know how long the stamina of the battery is supposed to be.
  • Original Intel 7265 card for Bluetooth and WiFi was replaced for a DW1560.

Not tested yet (update will come)

• mini Display Port
  • SD Card reader
  • I haven't checked SSDT for my CPU with AppleIntelInfo.kext, I used the beta version with Broadwell support of ssdPRGen.sh

Not working:

• HDMI Audio

Thank you Jake Lo.

Yes, you'll need a minimum of 3 kexts, a 4th if these 3 don't work

BrcmPatchRAM2

FakePCIID

FakePCIID_Broadwell_wifi

Install all to /L/E or /S/L/E, repair permission and rebuild cache.

Add the following to Config.plist under KextToPatch to enable Hand-off and 5 GHz

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Hand-off (10.11)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIX/dEdIiwc=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Qb4PAAAA60Q=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Broadcom 5Ghz US</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QYP8/3QsSA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
ZscGVVPrKw==
</data>
</dict>

I don't know if you noticed it but two (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadwell_wifi) of your links point to the same url.

I have used only the first two one and I have Bluetooth and Wifi with my DW1560.