E6230 could not boot from USB installer

Kerry

• Administrators

Again, please read and follow the guide! -_-

2) 10.11 installation

• Boot the 10.11 USB installer (it may take a little time to kick in) with -f -v boot flags

The guide clearly states it applies to the E6230 fitted with i5-3340M CPU (CPU-specific SSDT in the bootpack). For other CPUs:

:!: :!: :!: Other E6230 laptops fitted with a different CPU will require a different (and suitable) SSDT table than provided in the above pack (can be looked up on the web or created with Pike R Alpha's SSDT generator tool). In such cases and in order to avoid CPU power management-related kernel panics (KP), NullCPUPowerManagement kext (available in folder RemovedExtensions of bootpack) is required until the CPU-specific SSDT is generated. The kext just needs to be added to /Library/Extensions followed by permissions repair/cache rebuild.

Did you read that too?

It did this, but it is still not able to get into installation screen until i add -x flag to boot option.

Ok, so i had the OS installed on my Samsung SSD, i was at this step:

Reboot the 10.11 USB installer, press a key at delay bar (or F8) to interrupt boor process and select your freshly made 10.11 disk partition. You'll then be booting El Capitan for the 1st time

I booted with -x -f -v flags, i could pass the Apple logo screen, but i could not get into the desktop, system halted and reboot automatically after below errors displayed :(

post-94336-0-73263000-1465113355_thumb.png

• Administrators

Check that you have:

1) the Extra folder at USB installer root and that it contains the kernel + org.Chameleom.Boot + smbios plists & the correct kexts in Extensions subfolder (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller and NullCPUPM being mandatory to begin with)

2) that the kernel.plist file does contain the parameter KernelBooter_kexts set to Yes