Arrandale/1st gen Intel HD graphics: display issue

Dude786

I have el Capitan 10.11.6 installed on a Sony Vaio with a Pentium P6100 and Intel HD Graphics there is a guide and tried it but ended up with a horrible display it wasn't usable!

Used Framebuffer Normal LCD+VGA LW1 and got me a horrible view anyone had this error or issue!?! Please help me!

4GB RAM
500GB HDD
Arrandale Pentium P6100
1st gen Intel HD graphics

• Administrators

You need to follow the usual 1st gen Intel HD graphics process... The bible on the matter is available here at IM. It's applicable to Intel HD with dev id 0x0042/0x0046. Is this what you have integrated to that Pentium P6100 CPU?

You'll notice the following in the guide:

[...]

Inside the LCD + VGA output folder, there are 4 types of LW:

• LW1
  • LW2
  • LW3
  • LW4

LW stands for Link Width. For most users, LW1 will work. If for some reason you see a distorted display, you may need to test out LW2-LW4.

Note: Again, if this your first time choosing, pick the LW1 framebuffer and go to step 5. If you see a distorted display when you boot to the desktop, you may need to use a higher LW framebuffer. If it doesn't boot at all, you may need to choose another frame buffer category.

[...]

What screen resolution do you have?

Also I think I might be getting confused because it says after you have installed the kexts reboot and log in you should have full graphics but in the config.plist it is using vBIOS patch =Yes and inject intel=No, what do I need to change here?

Yes tried that and it got me to a white screen I couldn't see anything but typed my password and pressed enter then took a screenshot using cmd + shift 3 and it took one then I booted in safe mode and opened it and there was acceleration activated