E7450 Fan Control

Pumbaa

Hi guys,

I have another issue: it seems like the fan never spin after I started using the Hackingtosh on E7450. The laptop gets hot after I use it for a while but the fan doesn't come up. Not sure if I missed anything on this. Should I do something in BIOS? or it's something else? 

Thanks in advance!

If the native power managements works as described in the guide there shouldn't be a problem.

Mine is also very quiet. If you are concerned you can install the  Intel Power Gadget and monitor the temperature. While writing this message using the battery it shows 43/44 Celsius. 

• Administrators

Run GeekBench or something similar that triggers a high CPU load. The fan should then spin and at high speed as the CPU speed increases and reaches turbo boost mode. If the fan still doesn't spin, it's highly likely that you'd have an electrical fault with the fan (fan disconnect or gone faulty).

Fan control is usually automatic and there's very little you can do in terms of control. Dell laptop BIOS does not usually allow you to do much on that front, if anything at all.