E6220 weird problem with clover and UEFi with Sierra

geiti94

I managed to get Sierra full working with iMessage etc and Windows 10 in dual boot with uefi on my E6220 but I have a weird problem.

when I let clover inject the kext pc don't boots in OS X in uefi mode but when I install the kext from legacy Sierra bootpack in the right folder (s/l/e and l/e) without that clover inject the kext it boots perfect. is there a method for get the kext injected in uefi mode so that the system stays more vanilla and untouched? 

and before someone says clover uefi mode don't works on the E6220 is not true and I can make a picture of the bios where it is in uefi mode and clover string is showed. the trick for get it showing was boot OS X installer format hdd, reboot and install windows in uefi mode and then install OS X and install clover. so is how I got clover selected in the uefi mode.

• Administrators

Why do you want to inject kexts through Clover rather than cache them through, say, /L/E (it's for 3rd party kexts since Yosemite)? It's quicker to load cached kexts and Clover applies on-the-fly kexts to  cached kexts only, so...

NB: normally, kexts placed in /L/E are not loaded when booting without cache. At least with Chameleon/Enoch. Try and boot without cache with a non-mandatory kext placed in Clover kexts folder and see if it gets injected then. For instance a kext for the LAN card, it's then easy to verify behaviour.

i tryed but nothing. boots only when I add fakesmc usb_injector etc in S/L/E and IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector and audio kext in L/E. I am thinking I need to live with the kext in the system by self.

an other strange problem is that sometime the audio is gone and I need to set the notebook in sleep mode and wake it up again for get audio again working