Asus A55VD can't find EFI from SSD

the_viking90

Hey guys.

I installed pretty successful 10.11 on my Notebook. But now I have a big problem.

The brcm4360 wasn't working, so I wanted to test the card on windows. I plugged in the windows HDD and everything was working. windows wanted to do some updates, i was very naive and did install them and now I can't boot from clover, better said I don't even see the EFI in the BIOS boot manager. i can see the USB sticks (which i can boot from) but i can't the my SSD to boot with.

Has some one any advice?

• Administrators

does you bios allow to add an EFI entry or change boot order menu if so check to see if you can point it to clover .efi file?

when in osx mount your HDD EFI volume and double check it if it still exists.

if it does then make sure all is still correct if not reinstall clover and your files if still having issues and windows install created a microsoft folder then there is a work around, 

1- you have to rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder.

2- then rightclick and create a sym link of EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi.

3- rename it to bootmgfw.efi and drop it into the EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder.

clover will detect the renamed files and allow windows to boot using bootmgfw-orig.efi while your bios loads clover instead like if it was windows using the sym linked clover boot file as the windows EFI boot loader bootmgfw.efi 

hope it helps.