Kernel Panic after booting into USB pen

botalon

Update:

I made some changes in the USB preparation steps:

• Unchecked "erase contents" when restoring the Retail DVD to the USB
  • I copied the latest EDP package instead of the extra.zip provided

This time the restore process took significantly less (30 minutes instead of about 2 hrs) and there were no errors in the logs. I could boot to the USB without issues and the process even found and configured my Bluetooth mouse :). Amazing!! Right now I'm going through the installation process and so far so good. Will report back when done.

Thanks for all your helps!!

Update:

I made some changes in the USB preparation steps:

• Unchecked "erase contents" when restoring the Retail DVD to the USB
  • I copied the latest EDP package instead of the extra.zip provided

This time the restore process took significantly less (30 minutes instead of about 2 hrs) and there were no errors in the logs. I could boot to the USB without issues and the process even found and configured my Bluetooth mouse :). Amazing!! Right now I'm going through the installation process and so far so good. Will report back when done.

Thanks for all your help!!

Update:

I was able to finish the installation without major issues. Ethernet was not recognized, so I had to use D620slv.iso and execute the post_install command to get it added. It also added the ability to boot directly from the hard disk. Minor issue is that the profiler recognizes the CPU as 1.03 Ghz instead of 1.6, but it is working quite well. It does run quite hot and sleep does not work. Any thoughts on that? Also, is it worth/safe upgrading to 10.6.8? In my previous installations on same HW after doing so, performance took a serious hit, so I'm not so sure about doing it now. Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks again for the help!!

• Administrators

for the cpu speed it is a option in bios needs to be turned off has to do with over clocking dynamic something i think forgot the name but i have posted it a few times on the forum, the other issues seem to be you need nullcpu and sleep enabler, did you build edp using edptool.command? choose the option for them for your model and graphics type.