Syonagar

Dell Vostro 5568 - Sierra / High Sierra

LAST UPDATED: 11 AUG 2018

Hi all,

Just got hold of a new Dell Vostro 5568 and I am glad to share the clover bootpack.

Specification

Dell Vostro 5568

7th Gen 2.7 GHz i7-7500U

8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz Memory

Intel Graphics 620 / NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX 4GB GDDR5

15.6-inch (1920 x 1080)

Bios 1.1.6

Installation (Thanks Jake for this Guide!)

Note: By default upgrading or new Install of HS on an SSD drive, it'll automatically convert to APFS format.

If you want to use APFS format, skip step 4

(1) Make the USB installer via Terminal with "createinstallmedia"

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"target_USB" --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Note: target_USB = name of the USB drive you're writing to

(2) Install Clover with following config, add appropriate bootpack below

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • Drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFixDrv-64

(3) Boot with the USB installer, start Disk Utility and initialize your SSD as an HFS+ drive. 

Format to APFS if prefer and skip step 4. Select Install MacOS 

(4) Open the terminal in the USB (on the menu bar click Utility>Terminal), and launch this command

/Volumes/"Image Volume"/"install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/"HighSierra" --agreetolicense --converttoapfs NO

Note: HighSierra = name of the drive you're targeting

(5) System will auto reboot after files has been copied

(6) Boot with USB installer, select "Boot macOS Install from HighSierra". Installation will continue installing and reboot

(Might have to do this rebooting a couple of times)

(7) Boot with USB installer, finish the customization

(8) Install Clover to newly installed drive, copy bootpack from USB installer to installed drive

Clover Bootpack 

The Clover bootpack can be downloaded from the following link:-

Credits goes to Bronx Teck & Jake Lo

CLOVER V3.zip

• Supports Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Clover V4643) (11 Aug 2018)
  • Updated Lilu.kext and all Intel graphics kexts to the latest (these are the final intel graphics specific lilu plugins as whatevergreen will integrate all these plugins for 10.14 onwards)
  • Added 10.13.6 USB port limit patch (By Jake Lo)
  • Disabled eDP port patch which was previously enabled as not needed (By Jake Lo)
  • Added EDID entries (disabled by default) as potential solution to screen flicker after wake. @woaiba15 was able to solve this issue with this injection but I could not replicate it. Enable EDID injection to test it.

CLOVER V2.zip

• Supports Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 (Clover v4289) (09 Nov 2017)

CLOVER.zip           

• Supports Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13 (Clover v4241) (20 Aug 2017)
  • Added -lilubeta -alcbeta to boot argument to solve no sound problem for Mac OS High Sierra DP6 (20 Aug 2017)
  • Added DellSMBIOSPatch in config.plist to show correct Model Identifier. Some software uses Model Identifier to check hardware compatibility such as AutoCAD 2016 LT (P/s: Thanks Jake for highlighting this just in time when I had problem installing it!) (26 Aug 2017)
  • Tested clover bootpack on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 7 (17A352a) (26 Aug 2017)
  • Tested clover bootpack on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 8 (17A358a) (31 Aug 2017) 
  • Fixed distorted sound from headphones on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (31 Aug 2017) 
  • Tested clover bootpack on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 9 (17A360a) (02 Sep 2017) 
  • Tested clover bootpack on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 and Sierra 10.12.6 (07 Oct 2017)
  • Kernel Extension (Kext) in "/Library/Extensions" Folder:-
          KEXT-10.13.zip

(Note: Your will need to repair permission and rebuild cache for /Library/Extensions)

Notes on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

(1) Everything works except for the following:-

• NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX 4GB GDDR5 (Disabled as cannot work on Mac OS)
  • USB 2.0 Realtek CRW SD Card Reader (Detected but not working)
  • Built-In Intel WLAN Card (Not supported by Mac OS and using USB WLAN for now)
  • Sleep (Screen flickers after waking from sleep for 10.12.6 and screen blanks after waking from sleep for 10.13)
  • Disconnecting HDMI out cable causes blank screen
Notes on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13, 10.13.1

• Sleep (Screen flickers after waking from sleep for 10.12.6 and screen blanks after waking from sleep for 10.13)

Notes on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

• Sleep (Screen flickers after waking from sleep)

Last Remarks

Let me know if the clover bootpack works for you. If you managed to get some of the remaining issues resolved, do let me know so that I can update this thread.

Cheers!

Edited by Syonagar
Added support for Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Like 3

Hi Syonagar, I will try to install HS on my new Vostro 5568 (I5 7200u SSD256 8gb no gpu).

How did you install it ?

Do I use your clover config for the installation, or only after first boot to HS ?

Thx by advance,

You can use the Clover files to start the installation and post installation, but if you don't have NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX, you'll need a different set of DSDT/SSDT.

Start with the provided Clover files, clear the files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin

Boot to Clover GUI, hit F4 on the keyboard.

Continue with the installation.

Compress and attach /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin for patching after installation

Hi Syonagar,

Thanks for sharing the 5568 hackintosh, I have the Dell Vostro 5568 too, I followed your steps and failed to boot up, here is my USB installer information different from yours:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 (the newest version I can get)

Clover_v2.4k_r4297 (the Clover v4289 is not find to download)

the attach files is the boot log and bios settings.

could you please help me to find where the issue is?

Thanks.

post-116878-0-64545500-1514368375_thumb.jpg

post-116878-0-07097600-1514368421_thumb.jpg

post-116878-0-27208700-1514368487_thumb.jpg

Hi Jake,

Thanks for reply.

I updated the Clover to v4359 and updated the most kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, but the installation still not boot.

I try to regenerate the oem DSDT by removing origin files and boot to Clover GUI, hit F4 on the keyboard. but it's not worked too.

In the boot screen, when I just hint [boot OS X Intall from Install macOS High Sierra] the Apple logo will show and reboot after a few seconds, and boot with -v option the boot will stop at ACPISensores.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Compress and attach the Origin folder.

If you have FakeSMC sensor plugins, leave them out for now until you have the OS installed

• Like 1