Hi! This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh.
I have successfully gotten Catalina running on my ASUS Zenbook Q526FA-BI7T10 and I am now into the difficult part of getting all of the features to work. I started with 10.15.3 and then successfully upgraded it to 10.15.4.
The system has an i7-8565U CPU with Intel UHD 620 (1920x1080) graphics.
Here is what seems to be working:
- Dual boot Catalina and Windows 10 via Clover 5102
* I have successfully logged into the App Store and installed software on and upgraded Catalina.
* Windows works as expected when I boot into it.
- Keyboard and USB Mouse
* Seems to function normally.
* I tested it via Bluetooth PAN and connected to my MacBook.
- Wired Networking via Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter.
* I am using an Apple Thunderbolt/Ethernet adapter.
- Wi-Fi via a Nano Wi-Fi Dongle.
* A 3rd-party driver was required, but it works.
- Battery and Power Indicator.
* Seems to properly indicate the battery and power status.
- Touchscreen Cursor Positioning (It actually works in conjunction with Mouse Keys and the USB Mouse!)
* Clicking and gestures do not work.
* Cursor positioning via touchscreen stops working after sleep, other unknown events, or just a matter of time.
* Touchscreen only (temporarily) works when I install VoodooI2C, VoodooI2CHID, VoodooI2CELAN, and VoodooI2CFTE via Clover/kexts/Other. It doesn’t work if they are installed via /L/E or if any of those Voodoo kexts are missing.
- Sleep when laptop closed
* Not fully verified, but the screen shuts off and the Wi-Fi adapter disconnects, so it seems like it is working.
I need to get the FTE 1200 Precision Touchpad (trackpad) working for it to be functional enough to use as a backup laptop. System Preferences detects that there is a trackpad, but the trackpad does nothing. This is the first area that I am hoping to get some help on.
These are areas that I need solved for it to actually be a good backup laptop:
- ELAN 9008 Touchscreen Clicking and Gestures (and it working all the time)
- Realtek ALC294 Audio Input and Output (note that display audio is Intel 280B)
- Backlit Keyboard
These areas are highly desirable:
- HDMI Output
- Screen Saver
I consider everything else to be icing on the cake.
I have done a lot of searching and have tried many variations of VoodooI2C, AppleALC, other kexts and drivers, various SSDTs, and many other Clover settings and additions and /Library/Extensions additions with no success. I am at a point where it seems like I will have to disassemble, patch, and then compile a DSDT, but I am hoping to find solutions for some of the features using prebuilt kexts, drivers, SSDTs, and Clover settings.
I have attached the types of problem report files that another well-known Hackintosh site requests. I would appreciate pointers on any “easy” ways to get more of the features working, if any exist.
If I cannot find any “easy” guidance, then I guess will have to become familiar with iasl and MaciASL and start hacking away at the remaining issues. I would appreciate any pointers if I need to go this route, as well.
Thanks in advance!