A success D820 Lion installation

Noodle

Darn, I saw your reply and rushed home in hopes that that would be the fix.

Same result. Several pages of Kexts load then it the screen just goes blank. And the light in the USB stick stops flickering.

So just to be sure I am doing it right...I put that new DSDT.aml file in my Extra folder on the USB stick.

One other thing that wasn't super clear was...The EDP-2.2 I would install once I get Lion installed.

The BootPack is what I put on the USB Stick..the Extra Folder with the goodies that should run my D820 to boot to the installer.

Thanks again,

your 100% this thing is nvidia right? it should state so in the bios..

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes

Bio Version = A10

Processor Type = Intel ® Core Duo processor

Current Clock Speed 2.0 GHz

Video Controller = Quadro NVS 120M

Video Bios Version = 005.072.022.021.164.000

Video Memory = 256 MB

Any other thoughts?

• Administrators

the only thing i could think of is look at the dell bios updates maybe one of the newer ones upgrades your video firmware

bios a12 update states Fixes & Enhancements

Fixes/Enhancements ------------------ 1. Updated Intel Video BIOS. 2. Updated Nvidia Video BIOS. 3. Enhancement for thermal control.

or latest a18 bios

BIOS Release Notes

Systems: Dell Latitude D630 Series

Version: A18

Build Date: 12/06/2011

Intel GM965 Graphics Video BIOS version 1588

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M Video BIOS version 60.86.68.00.16

the only thing i could think of is look at the dell bios updates maybe one of the newer ones upgrades your video firmware

bios a12 update states Fixes & Enhancements

Fixes/Enhancements ------------------ 1. Updated Intel Video BIOS. 2. Updated Nvidia Video BIOS. 3. Enhancement for thermal control.

or latest a18 bios

BIOS Release Notes

Systems: Dell Latitude D630 Series

Version: A18

Build Date: 12/06/2011

Intel GM965 Graphics Video BIOS version 1588

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M Video BIOS version 60.86.68.00.16

I'm seeing that the Dell D820 only goes up to a10. And that is what I have it to.

Thanks again for the help.

Well I too have a successful install on D820 my hardware specs are slightly different 1.83ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA Graphics card, 3GB Ram, 160gb hard drive. So far I have:

Wireless

Bluetooth

External VGA Port

Sleep

Not working:

Network hard wire port

Keyboard reports no keyboard connected on startup but keyboard works.

I have been using the machine for a couple of weeks now when I have to do presentations. Keynote has worked like a champ and the DropBox keeps files in synch with the other mac's to give it a unique look I actually gave the new machine the look of the old Acer Ferrari. This is how the unit currently looks:

photo.JPG

I know its campy but so is the owner. The Acer Ferrari is a laptop I loved too bad you can't get them anymore. But I guess I now have my own version!

Here's the machine running Lion

photo-5.jpg

My advice follow the instructions to the letter and you have a very good chance at getting your latitude running. If anyone has a driver to try for the stubborn network card and the bluetooth keyboard message that would be good too!.