E6400 OSX Help

MidNightGalaxy

• Administrators

No need to tick those Cx states in Clover Config. I would remove these. All that you normally require is to enable P States + C States generation.

In the same spirit, setting the CPU and Bus speed is not normally required. But if you do, you've got to do it right. Setting the CPU speed to 2660MHz is correct but setting the Bus speed to 1 066 000kHz is not. FSB of Core2Duo CPUs is quad-pumped so the Clover bus speed for your T9550 must be set to 1066/4=266.5MHz or 266 500kHz.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Intel-Core%202%20Duo%20Mobile%20T9550%20AW80576GH0676MG%20(BX80576T9550).html

To be honest, I'd leave that field empty, Clover is perfectly capable to detect those hardware values. Your monitored CPU speeds should be fine afterwards and you should see them vary between x3 @800MHz and x10 @2667MHz (or thereabout).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, took to consideration what you said and will let clover do its job (left C States and P States on). Will be getting a Shim for it soon once the last of the cosmetic parts arrive. I love this body style, too bad it did not get a 2nd gen intel series release. I do have a E5530 with a Intel HD Graphics sitting so i might play with that if i can. 

Thanks again, cheers.