E7250 and Sierra

winapenny

I put those files into the 'patched' folder and replaced the existing ones (I think this was the right folder?). After a reboot it doesn't start up anymore, shows the forbidden sign. Verbose mode says 'waiting on boot-uuid-media' and eventually 'Still waiting for root device.'

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the files from the updated zip archive the laptop boots just fine, but the problem with closing the lid and Sierra hanging occurs again, there is a 50:50 chance that it crashes upon opening the lid. I couldn't make it crash from display sleep with the lid open though.

The sound output device is gone now, by the way (it worked out of the box before).

ACPIPoller.kext is installed in /Library/Extensions/ACPIPoller.kext and active, according to kextstat (com.rehabman.driver.ACPIPoller (0.8.1)). I didn't install it myself, it came with your tutorial etc. (I guess you wanted to make sure that it's actually on, or should I remove the kext?)

I can confirm now that this only happens when the lid is closed and at least 30 10-30 seconds have passed, then it will reliably happen. I am not able to make it hang when turning off the screen and leaving the lid open.

As long as I can have my sound back, I am happy to leave the lid open when it's turned on... since I can now put the display to sleep just fine.

Jake Lo thanks to your boot pack and the guide my E7250 is working perfectly..

however I got a Japanese keyboard on mine, and wanted to change the key mappings so that at least all the symbol keys corresponding to the correct ones..

I understand that the ApplePS2 controller is included with your pack, would replacing this with the voodoops2 cause problems with touchpad etc...?

i would be very thankful if you could give me some pointers

Hi Jake,
Thanks for your guide and bootpack. I was able to successfully install sierra 12.5 on E7250(1366*768 screen and A16 BIOS)  . There are few things which are not working and will be highly appreciated if you can help please. Audio and Internal Webcam are still not working. I have copied all kexts in LE folder in the bootpack to SLE. Can it be due to different BIOS version?

Thanks in advance!