E7250 and Sierra

winapenny

• Moderators

did you follow this step after copying the files ?

8. Repair permission and rebuild cache. Run command from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

The guide said to copy to /Library/Extensions not /S/L/E but it'll work too.  
Are you using bootpack from here ?            
Will work on A16 as well.     

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jake,

Yes, I'm using the bootpack from the link you shared:
"zip.gif  E7450_HD5500_Only.zip   2.74MB   99 downloads (BIOS A15)".

I have deleted the previously copied kexts from SLE and copied them to LE. The plist file is in clover folder and all files in ACPI are copied to ACPI/Patched folder. After running the permission fix commands again the bluetooth/webcam are working now. Everything else seems to be working now apart from sound. The the sound is not working-sound preferences shows no input device/no output device. I have attached my plist file and few screenshots if it helps. Will be a great help if you can please review and advise if i'm missing something.

Thanks again for your help!

Archive.zip

• Moderators

looking at our output, I don't see AppleHDA_ALC293.kext listed when you ran the permission fix and rebuild cache. Try running the commands again until you see it listed. If that doesn't work, reboot the system and run the commands again. If that still fails, then replace the file with this  and try again.

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext

KernelCache ID: 48D53C513AE0481C72A359A45FD04490

/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.

Successfully updated disk0s3.

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Finished

Hi Jake,

Thanks very much for your help!

Audio worked after replacing the kext from the link in your post. I tried multiple times with the kext from boot pack but it wasn't appearing the list. it worked first time with the one from above link. Now just the wireless is pending for which I'm waiting for the Dell card to arrive. Just out of interest what was the difference between the link one and the boot pack one?

Once again many thanks for your help!