E7450 : Problem with High Sierra installer

quartz38

After testing same result for both...

What could be differnt on my 7450 ??

I have noticed somthing, if i let the driver "VBoxHfs" disabled in config.plist the system does see the disk m2 ??

In previous post I sent you my complete Clover folder with all 3 file system drivers: HFSPlus.efi, apfs.efi and NTFS.efi (you would probably only need HFSPlus), patched files for E7450 that have both graphics and config that use those patches. All needed HS patches and drop tables are also properly added to that config. That should boot on any E7450 that have both graphics without any problem, as long as BIOS version is A17, USB device and used USB port works, USB is properly prepared and BIOS is correctly set.

Since I was struggling with some issues myself when I installed HS for the first time, I would advice you to check all those things:  

1. Are you sure that your E7450 have both intel and nvidia graphics and not only intel? If you only have intel you need different boot pack then those I sent. If you are not sure and do not have Windows installed, run some live Linux from USB and check. 

2. Are you sure that you use A17 bios and not A15, or A18 that just came out? I don't know if A18 works since I haven't tried it yet, so please use A17.

3. Have you reset your BIOS to defaults and set necessary options? Check your BIOS. A17 should be displayed in System information. Load Defaults and set Boot List Option to UEFI, SATA Operation to AHCI and Enable Legacy Option ROMs. Do not apply DVMT patch, use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (already in both, latest bootpack and in archive I sent).

4. Are you sure that your USB stick and ports works properly? Try to use another USB port and (or) another USB stick.

5. Are you sure that your USB is properly prepared? Try to remove everything and made new USB install from scratch. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Viking,

Many thanks for your patience but i can aswer positively to all of your previous questions.

I have 3 mSATA SSDs for swapping and one has got Windows 10. i can confirm that all USB ports are ok and that there is a 840m in.

One of these SSDs has got Sierra running (but i am not sure that every thing is perfect in the config.plist.

What i am going to do, is to all start aqain (creating a stick, put several bootpacks and so on ..)

My usb stick is USB 3, i am going to try with USB 2

Hi everyone?

No more chance with my "special" E7450 with the USB 2 key.

I went to the state I can boot up to graphic initialization and stuck on the page in my first post.

i understand that kexts are directly associated to acpi patched. so I am trying to associate with different ones.

I am typing this text from a running Sierra with Clover 4297.

There is another difference concerning my E7450, it is a full HD touchscreen and touchscreen is running under Sierra !! nice, a touchscreen Mac

So here we are. If I can't manage, I will stay on Sierra.

Many thanks for you kind help everyone

PS : I join the bootlog for Sierra if it can be useful

bootlog.log.txt