[SOLVED] E7450 (Optimus) - miniDP issues

roniez

@black.dragon74

I am very sorry, but looks like I jumped to conclusion (as usual). ROM value is actually masked before base64 encoding while I expected encoded value itself to be masked. 

I saw that SMBIOS values are set to XX-MASKED-XX, but I saw that ROM data is set to WFgtTUFTS0VELVhY, while I expected it to see XX-MASKED-XX there too. I thought it's base64 representation of newly generated ROM value, while it is actually base64 representation of XX-MASKED-XX.

I would see that ROM value is changed if I was comparing config from archive with config I used to run a script, but I was already restored my original config just after script finished.

Thank you for a great tool and sorry for a confusion I made.

• Moderators

Can add that the Hdmi out works fine although I have not tested audio via HDMI

Before connecting any HDMI or miniDP

Launch IOReg.

Search for IGPU@2 on the left

Drill down to AppleIntelFramebuffer@1

Drill down to AppleIntelFramebuffer@2

If it shows then that's the reason it's not displaying your external monitor

Check while using your original Config vs one I updated in the guide. While having IOReg open, plug in miniDP. Look at AppleIntelFramebuffer@2

You should see a new display0

I noticed on mine, while using MBP12,1 if I connect my HDMI, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 change from to but continues working just fine. Strange!

If I use MBA7,2, both AppleIntelFramebuffer@ 1 and 2, connecter-type are set to (HDMI)

Note that I'm on BIOS A19

Post your findings