[SOLVED] E5470 High Sierra installer error 701

kralisec

More information for others reading this: 701 error was from a bad usb installer created with Sierra VM,

app store show me only High Sierra to install (a few MB), I manage to create /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app with direct link

For other with same hardware from config_HD515_520_530_540.plist ig-platform-id value 0x191b0000

I was able to boot after I change to 0x19160007, but it's NOT ENOUGH: 7MB video ram cause graphics glitch but I was able to install !!!

Really thank you @Jake Lo  your zip give me a really good looking running Mac OS,  from this I  create a good usb key,

I just ordered DW1830 (with 1 cable) to replace my intel 8260 and I have a lot to read about ACPI ...

There is no "post 1st install point to check" guide ?

Hello Jake Lo, thank you for your great work on Dell laptops !

I am currently struggling to get Wifi working on my E5470 and E5570 (same wireless chip : DW1560). I get no wifi card recognized using your ACPI patched folder (Bluetooth works), and as soon as I leave the ACPI/patched folder empty, Wifi works perfectly. Only problem : I lose the ability to customize the screen Brightness (it remains quite dim, which is a bit of a pain). Also the laptop does not seem to go to sleep when I close the lid, but sleeps fine when I click "Suspend" in macOS.

I thought the solution would be to patch my DSDT/SSDT files by myself, but I encounter compiling errors.

Would you be so kind to check and see if you can patch my ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml and SSDT*.aml files ? That would be fantastic.

E5470 : Core i3 6100U - Intel HD 520

origin_E5470.zip

E5570 : Core i5 6200U - Intel HD 520

origin_E5570.zip

On 4/28/2018 at 8:52 PM, Jake Lo said:

Here you go. Make sure you put SSDT-PNLF.aml back, needed for brightness

E5470.zip

E5570.zip

Wow thank you so much, everything is working perfectly now ! Brightness control, Sleep on lid closing, Wifi/BT with DW1560 😄

Very happy, thank you. Would you be so kind to give me a list of the exact patches you used during DSDT/SSDT patching with MaciASL ? I would like to manage to do it by myself if I try on another Dell laptop, don't want to bother you again next time 😉

• Moderators

See here

For HDEF patch to DSDT, make sure to change layout-id to 11 instead of 1

For SSDT-1 (sensrhub) -> patch to remove _DSM

For SSDT-4 (SaSsdt) -> patch to rename _DSM->XDSM and GFX0 -> IGPU

FYI,

Those patches are specific to the Skylake systems with HD520 only, if the systems you're going to be patching have different specs, other/different patches will need to be applied. SSDT numbering are different as well depending on version of Clover use to extract the files.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:11 PM, Jake Lo said:

See here

For HDEF patch to DSDT, make sure to change layout-id to 11 instead of 1

For SSDT-1 (sensrhub) -> patch to remove _DSM

For SSDT-4 (SaSsdt) -> patch to rename _DSM->XDSM and GFX0 -> IGPU

FYI,

Those patches are specific to the Skylake systems with HD520 only, if the systems you're going to be patching have different specs, other/different patches will need to be applied. SSDT numbering are different as well depending on version of Clover use to extract the files.

Excellent, all that is good to know. Many thanks Jake Lo ! 😁

Hello,

A few change since the beginning: now DW1830 replace intel 8260 (don't forget to put a third cable), 16GB,

High Sierra updated 10.13.6, Clover, drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other updated to latest version.

Since 2 weeks I don't need ACPI patching with latest update, now memory size looks good for me with 1536Mb ram.

for this result I use OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config-master/config_HD515_520_530_540.plist

with latest Lilu 1.2.6, IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.7 and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup 1.2.2  (no change with ig-platform-id 0x191b0000 )

One question: High Sierra recognize only 1 core (2 threads) with my i5-6300U , is-it a value I can changer post install ?

generating my own SSD.aml file using latest beta ssdtPRGen.sh has no effect  (or I don't know how to use it ...)

I know I can provide my actual ACPI folder for patching, is-it another way to solve this point ?

Good day.