Chameleon Wizard quit unexpectedly

PeterC

Edited:Hmm, oddnes, nothing to see here... Office mate just booted it while I was playing with the usb stick. So, crashing is normal for Chameleon install??

G'day folks,

Working with a D830 w/ nvidia graphics. Although I've bought the software I'm working with a torrented install image.

Did as much research as I know how but when I run the Chameleon wizard (from EDP1.9.2 menu) I get a "Chameleon Wizard quit unexpectedly". Everything else seems to work fine. I've created a new build, OSXSL is responsive. I just have to use the usbkey to boot it and would love to fix that!

The only comment I've seen regarding this is "If Chameleon crashes, just re-run it." on the EDP page. Done that lots, no help. Partitioned and started from scratch again just in case, no help.

I am pretty much an OSX noob, with some linux, HP-UX background. Let me know if I'm missing the obvious or can find the information somewhere else, please?

PeterC

• Administrators

ok then here's another tip. disconnect from any network if Ethernet pull the LAN wire if WiFi shut it off temporarily, on the select menu choose from location folder on disk then reconnect to internet and update the program manually... the problem is with it searching for svn build files but has been corrected in newer releases

ok then here's another tip. disconnect from any network if Ethernet pull the LAN wire if WiFi shut it off temporarily, on the select menu choose from location folder on disk then reconnect to internet and update the program manually... the problem is with it searching for svn build files but has been corrected in newer releases

I'm having this same issue. Had this issue yesterday with SL, but got around it by selecting a different package/version on the drop down. Howevere, nothing is working with Lion and it keeps crashing. Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your suggested solution. Is there something I need to download when you say "reconnect to Internet and update manually"? If so, what am I looking for and how do I update it?

Bronxteck solved it.

Details of what I did are:

1. Disconnect Enet and turn off airport

2. Run EDP and start the Chameleon Wizard

3. Turn on Airport

4. From menu Chamelion Wizard > Check for Updates

5. Install and restart

6.??

7. Profit!

Also, I had to update (via apple menu) SL to the latest version and reapply my Kext config to get sleeping and shutdown to work properly. As far as I can tell now, everything is perfect!

PeterC