EFI for Mojave 7470

doctorultra

• Moderators

here you go. Don't think it'll make a difference.

Is you build vanilla or you're using a Distro?

I don't use dock, but I don't see why keyboard and mouse won't work from the dock.

Question, the whole time you're testing the external monitor from the dock or from the laptop inputs?

Other.zip

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Not EFI but your installer.

I'm on BIOS version 1.18.5 but I don't think it's a BIOS version issue.

You could try going to the BIOS, select Load Default. Apply.

Reboot and go back to BIOS

Set it to UEFI, AHCI, Legacy Option Roms disabled, Secure Boot disabled, TPM disabled, Wake on LAN/WLAN/USB disabled, and CPU XD enabled.

Ok, just tested on Dock model PRO2X, mouse and keyboard works just fine.  USB port from the dock won't work because my SSDT is configure for Laptop ports only.

You can use one external monitor from the dock, the second will be mirrored if you use both DP ports. If you want dual monitor, you could only do 1 DP and the HDMI from the laptop. 

DP on dock and minDP on laptop will also be mirrored. So that's why I don't use dock since there's no extra benefits.

I have done many different patches to try make it work, but none work. 

Edit:

Just updated BIOS to 1.21.6. No noticeable difference in MacOS

My bluetooth doesn´t work, it´s activated, but nothing will be find? Do you have the same Problem or is the bluetooth integrated in the wifi card?

I figured out, why it doesn´t work

Known Issue & Workaround:

HDMI-Output works but if connect HDMI-Cable the local Display goes off and never recovers.

I had tried different configurations but none panned out. Here's a workaround:

Close the LID until you see the HDMI display becomes the primary display, then open the LID. 

It'll switch LCD as primary and HDMI as secondary.

NOTE: Workaround is only needed on clean boot, no issue if system has gone through a sleep/wake cycle

as long the power cable is plugged in the laptop the screen is black, if i unplug the power cable, then the work around works?

• Moderators

Yes, it's a combo card. If it's an Intel, it's not supported and need to be replace with a supported card. 

I don't have the issue with power adapter plug in or not. Both works the same way.

Check BIOS, disable Wake on AC, see if that helps. I have mine unchecked.