PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
Installus

Dell Latitude E5440 Apple USB EHCI problems

Hello all! First post here.

I have acquired a Dell Latitude E5440, and I have managed to install Mavericks on it. However, the trackpad and keyboard is not being recognized. No big deal, I have an external mouse and keyboard on me. However, USB support is non-existent, only working about 2% of the time when it boots.

I am stuck at the Welcome screen because of the lack of USB, keyboard and trackpad support, and I cannot progress any further. How can I patch both USB and working trackpad+keyboard support?

Specs:

Dell Latitude E5440

Intel Core-i5 4200U

Intel HD Graphics 4400

4 GB RAM

Clover EFI.zip

EDIT: AppleUSBEHCI.kext gives an error saying that it was unable to get filterInterruptEventService

Oh yes, I got the trackpad and keyboard working, however I have zero clue how to patch DSDT. 

Is there some guide I can use to patch USB? I'm sure there is, but I'm too tired right now (as of Oct. 1) to look it up

REPLACE the attached contents into /EFI/Clover

Note: If your model does not have Discrete graphics ( IE AMD or Nvidia dGPU), remove SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml from /E/C/A/Patched

Move or copy all kexts in /E/C/K/O/CopyToLE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache

https://osxlatitude.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=24473

Great! Everything works except Audio (which I can patch myself) and the battery needs tweaking to make sure it works correctly. Disabling turbo battery killed the meter and displayed an X in the battery. I removed the turbo battery disabler and it sort of worked. Battery meter worked, except I had no time estimate and it wouldn't update unless I logged out

Try adjusting to 20000

abm_firstpolldelay=16000

You could also switching FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager.kext with 

VirtualSMC + SMCBatterymanager.kext

Alright, I have switched out FakeSMC + ACPIBatteryManager for VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager. Battery works so much better now!

The only issues left are that the Ethernet kext doesn't load and USB support is still a bit spotty (success rate has definitely improved).

You can create your own USB kext with Hackintool.app. Google it.

What Ethernet device does it have?

Intel or Realtek?

What model?

Ethernet is a bit fuzzy, closest I got was I2XX (I believe 8 series). It's Intel, but that's all I know

I tried to install it to /S/L/E, but I broke the permissions and I ended up booting into safe mode to remove them both.

I'll try using Hackintool and see if I can get USB working.