PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
tluck

[SUCCESS] Dell Precision M4800 - macOS Catalina

Just updated to Catalina. Thanks to Jake on the ECDV -> to EC DSDT fix. then it was just letting the Installer do its thing.

thanks again Jake!

• Like 2

The patch has been described in several places on this forum and others... Here for instance and directly displayed on forum main page.

NB: In case you ignore this, Clover ACPI device renaming operates in standard/classic ASCII mode, expressed in hexadecimal notation.

You can do either but if you already have and existing OS X/macOS installation, it's just as easy to opt for a direct update as long as you implement the requirements.

Well, after a few hiccups during the install I’m now at the Catalina desktop...

As far as I can see all the functionality is more or less as before the upgrade.

One thing I discovered is that the WiFi does not start to work directly after a reboot, it takes about a minute before it springs into life...

Bluetooth is not working, but honestly I can’t remember if that worked in Mojave?...

Well, just got Bluetooth working again... Followed this thread:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339175-brcmpatchram2-for-1015-catalina-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/

Now I just saw that Catalina 15.1 Update was released... I wonder if I dare try to upgrade that as well...

Feels like pushing my luck now that everythin is finally working fine ;)

I tried the update to 15.1.

After the first reboot it had created a second boot option in Clover for the update.

Selected that with verbose mode and then it worked for a little while then it looked liked it stopped working.

But after letting it sit there for about 2-3 minutes it continued the installation and now my M4800 is updated to 15.1!