E7440...WIfi+BT Combo card, Battery, Touchpad mouse woes

Liquid007

Hi all,

I've been happily using my Latitude E7440 running High Sierra for the past year or so. However i have a few gripes that I am wondering if someone can assist me with.

First off, I have a spare Wifi+BT combo Mini PCI combo card which is an AzureWave AW-NB290H. From what I understand, I need to either patch a kext or the DSDT to get it working. However I am struggling to find out where I get these patches from. I've googled and can't seem to find much except a video on YouTube of a Russian person patching the kext files by copying some data from a text document and pasting it into the kext. However not sure where he has gotten the details to patch the kexts from. Can someone point me in the right direction or give an idiot some guidance in the best way to do this. Would really like to get Bluetooth and Wifi working.

Also, is it normal for battery life on the E7440 runnign High Sierra whilst watching a move to last around 2 hours? Or should it last a little longer than that? Is it possible that High SIerra is using up a lot of battery power whilst watching movies?

Finally, I notice the trackpad mouse on the E7440 is very delicate, it seems to be ultra sensitive, its there a better driver I can use??

Many thanks

• Administrators

Details of the patch required for your AW-NB290H have been available for years in our published wireless cards inventories available in the R&D->Wifi & Bluetooth forum section and via the FAQ section. I don't know how you could have missed either, even a Google search on "AW-NB290H patch" leads to it... If you also searched our Wireless & Bluetooth section, you'd find threads such as these:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8748-broadcom-bcm43225hmb/

Battery life depends on size and age/state of battery. Of course, if you have a discrete GPU, you ought to disable it to save on battery. You can search for this too; there are readily available SSDT files to that effect.

You did not say which kext you use for TouchPad so I can only point you to DrHurt's R6 version (compiled by Bronxteck) which is available in the dedicated thread posted in the R&D->kexts forum section. If you find the finger touch too sensitive, you can edit the Info.plist of the kext's TrackPad plugin and experiment with different values for FingerZ parameter.

Thanks for replying Hervé, 

I did read that post you put up however got a little confused with what I needed to do...Am I right in thinking all I have to do is add what you have in the post on the first pageto Device (ARPT)??? Also to get BT working do i just install BTFirmwareUploader.kext?

Regarding the Touchpad, the kexts I use are whatever was in the driver pack for E7440. I'll check over the weekend to see what kext i have installedfor it.

Sorry with the questions thanks for all the help.