[SUCCESS] E6220 intel graphic only 512 MB?

ghaffari

• Administrators

Standard/default VRAM settings for HD3000 are:

• 2GB RAM -> 256MB VRAM
  • 4GB RAM -> 384MB VRAM
  • 8GB RAM -> 512MB VRAM

That's Apple's own settings, defined in the SNB framebuffer. As such, what you obtain is perfectly normal.

Any changes from those settings result from framebuffer patching and I've included those (in disabled mode) in the Clover config files I posted in my guide, at least the latest ones, probably not the earliest ones.

Details for HD3000 VRAM increase are available in many Mac and Hackintosh forums. Here for instance.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

That is correct, 10.13.6 is the last supported version for SandyBridge HD3000. However there are some success running Catalina but with graphics kexts from High Sierra but has some graphics glitches. Using Dark Mode alleviates some of that glitches but I still don't recommend it.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

It's not just SNB graphics kexts from High Sierra, it also involves replacing several graphics related frameworks and repairing permissions. The trouble is that it's not sustainable to updates and needs to be redone after each update, pending which you may encounter trouble booting or actually using the computer (like not being able to open up a Finder window or executing programs). Given that it also remains buggy since there is no Metal graphics acceleration, it's not worth the hassle in my opinion.

• Thanks 1