PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
dirtyb15

Inspiron 3558 help with USB issues.

Still messing around with this 3558, working great with Catalina minus a few issues. RIght now trying to get some USB issues addressed.  I am using a small usb wifi adapter and when i had the USBinjectall kext installed it would not work, saying it needed power.  If i remove the USBinjectall kext, the wifi adapter works great, but then i no longer have a functioning webcam.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Use Hackintool.app to generate a custom USBPort kext for your system. Once done, you can remove USBInjectAll.

Done, working great, thanks!

Just one issue left on this laptop.  So if i have the APFSdriverloader.efi in the drivers folder i get a black screen and no clover.  I have been getting around this by placing the driver in a different location and once clover loads i use the shell to manually load the driver, at which point i can boot from the apfs partition.  Is there anyway i can automatically run the shell script once clover comes up? (Or possibly delay the driver load?)

Thanks again!

This is first I've heard that APFSdriverloader is causing a boot issue.

Try using the built-in APFS.efi driver

1. Boot into macOS
2. Choose Finder > Go > Go To Folder
3. Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/
4. Copy apfs.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/

Yeah, i have tried APFS.efi as well.  Actually HFSPlus also causes the same issue. (I can however use the VBOXHfs.)

I noticed a couple other people getting black screens with this laptop, and i had asked one poster if he had the driver installed, but he never replied.