Catalina on Dell Latitude E7270

kayaman80

Ok, but i wanted a suggestion only, i already check the list, and these are the model supported by Catalina, i wonder which one has a better compatibility...that's all, because i'm not so good to do everything on my own, i need help, sorry

Anyway, there's no chance to install one of that half mini pci card into this model, because it's a different type of slot...so i think the best solution is a usb wifi

• Administrators

What you call "a different type of slot" is called M.2 (NGFF) and that's all the E7270 takes: M.2 cards; I very much doubt you'd be able to fit an adapter + mini-PCIe card in it due to lack of space. That pretty much answers your previous question about models...

We have covered supported/compatible M.2 cards at great length in our Wireless forum section. Go for a 2230 DW1560 or DW1820A (DW1830 is 3030 and 3 x antennas).

Ok, It's perfect, i will buy one of those models as soon as possible, and i will give you notice when the card arrives.

I thank you very much for the help, really appreciated 

Meanwhile i made a dual boot with Windows 10, and simply added Cloverx64.efi to boot Option to keep Clover bootloader instead of Windows boot manager, and worked like a charm

Damn, i tried to find that precise models of wifi, but no chance, all from China, they take 2 months to ship that item...same time for dw1560, 1820a or similar...so i think the better chioce is the TP-link TL-WN823N v3, that i already have

Hi, new question for this built...after 10.15.3 update, i see that the machine many times won't shut down, but seems to keep stand by instead...what can i check to fix this?

Sometimes, after rebooting, battery status is not working...maybe some kext to update, but i really don't know which

Hi @kayaman80,

you're post gave me the confidence to try install Catalina on my E7270.

As far as I know Intel wifi cards are not supported. A good temporary solution is to use a compatible wi-fi usb pen. They are easier to find.

Could I please ask you to share your final Clover folder?

Thanks in advance :-)