Does the DW1820A work in those adapters to m-pcie?

Semaj

Seems the "cheapest" way to get decent bluetooth/ac-wireless combo in macOS is the DW1820A, all the other costs like 2-3 times as much. But does it work in those M.2 NGFF adapters? Has anyone tried? The adapter + DW1820A are under 15 euro in total, a good deal if it works.

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.848bb819f1eaae0f2720d927dc8d7a5d.jpg

• Administrators

These adapters are basically simple converters. No reason why they would not work. Just check that they're combo and support PCIe + BT signals, not just PCIe only (otherwise, no Bluetooth!). They would then need to be installed in mini-PCIe combo slots to support both wireless + Bluetooth.

You're more likely to meet an issue with the antenna connectors. Those used on mini-PCIe cards and therefore fitted to laptops with mini-PCIe slots are bigger than those required for M.2/NGFF cards and simply won't fit/attach. You'll need antenna adapters. The exact names/types of those various connectors elude me right now but you can look this up.

• Like 1

Thanks! The card comes with some pig tails so that should be ok. Don't care much for Bluetooth, that will work with the DW380 card, only use it for keyboard and mouse not airdrop etc. So I should be good. Not being on ac is really noticeable compared to my other laptops.