Jump to content

[Solved] Dell E6320 freezes


6230

Recommended Posts

Hello guys
I have installed 10.13.6 on DELL E6320 followed the guide https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/7914-dell-latitude-e6220-with-i5-2520m-hd3000-and-1366x768-lcd-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierrahigh-sierra/
Now the system freezes randomly.I tried to generate debugging files for some help, but got the error messages
”
Installing debug report generator....
Checking your internet connection....
Unable to connect to the internet. Aborted.
“
So, I attached the clover files bellow. Hope someone would help to figure out the problem.
Any help would be appreciate. Thanks in  advance.

EFI.7z

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Are the specs of your E6320 identical to those stated in my guide? Same CPU for instance? If it's different, you cannot re-use the provided CPU power management SSDT but generate your own as explicitly stated. You'll also need to regenerate the USBPorts kext with Hackintool app since your E6320 probably has a different USB ports arrangement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Hervé, the CPU is the same i5 2520m, but the BIOS version is A22, 6G  RAM, 240G SSD. I will try to regenerate the USBPorts kext, and post  Specifications later. Thanks again for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It's been stated for years: don't use/re-use the DSDT of a different computer model. Even though E6220 and E6320 are evidently very close, I cannot vouch that the patched DSDT of the E6220 applies to the E6320. I strongly recommend you seek the E6320 patched DSDT instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hervé,thanks for your advice, I will google the relative guide, then replace DSDT and USBPorts kext. I also want to know are there other files that I may need to regenerate in the EFI in addition to you have mentioned?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hervé, I have regenerated the new USBPorts kext and replaced the old one. Since the E6320 has only two usb ports, I saved two ports identified and  deleted others in hackintool. It is easy for me.
But when I tried to patch DSDT and SSTD, I basically did not know how to deal with them. I looked for some guides like this https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-laptop-dsdt-and-ssdts.178/
but still got confused. Could you give me some advice? Thanks.
I attached the origin files from /clover/acpi/origin

---------------------
Specifications:
BIOS:A22
CPU:[email protected]
GPU:HD3000
RAM:4G,1333+2G,1067
HARD DRIVE:240G SSD

origin.7z

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...