DELL E6320 touchpad and backlight problems

I have replaced this DSDT-E6320.aml.zip, and give it a try.

I have noticed something error, but do not know if that matters or not.

Thing is when I open up All the DSDT files in this topic by MaciASL, press compile button, get three line error messages

"

3944, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN or ','
3948, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN
9196, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

"

I corrected the code and saved. But got the same errors when I opened up again.

I had used your last DSDT for a while, no freeze probably. So I moved on fixing the touchpad's problem. The touchpad moved unsmoothly as I metioned before. And I have noticed "One finger" changed "two fingers" occationally when I used touchpad, because the display scrolled when one finger moved and the secondary click list popped up when tapped.

In a simple way, I replaced "voodoops2controller.kext" with "appleps2smarttouchpad.kext".This way solves the "unsmooth" problem. When one finger moves, the cursor follows closely. The touchpad's experience is better then before except no multi-touch.

But in this way, some keys' values have changed. The "command" key has changed with "Alt". The brightness control does not work either. I guess it is the smarttouchpad.kext has changed some keys' values.

Now I want to know is that if I uses "smarttouch", how can I fix the ‘’brightness” and “command key” problems? Or are there other methods to solve the touchpad's "unsmooth" problem without replacing "voodoops2controller"?

Expect you guys’ replies, thanks in advance.

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

appleps2smarttouchpad.kext is for Synaptic and Smart Touchpad, won't work for your Alps touchpad.

You can make some changes to the FingerZ value in VoodooPS2Controller\contents\plugins\voodoops2trackpad\contents\info.plist

Thanks for your advice. I tried to set FingerZ to 15, but nothing changed. I also used the VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck.kext. The dispaly  scrolled still when I just wanted to move the cursor.

Hello, I got a E6520 with the I7 and Nvidia Optimus running under 10.13.6 and a DW1550. Everything works just fine, except the brightness controls via the up and down buttons. I tried the Patch from page 1, but no luck. Brightness via System Settings and F3 and Paste works. My actual EFI is zipped, also my original DSDT from A22. In the dsdts.zip archive you will find the my latest try with the Patches from page 1 and the original DSDT I found for the E6520 with some patches. I hope you can help me, because I really like my E6520. Thank you already.

EFI_act.zip origin.zip dsdts.zip

@Jake Lo With your patched DSDT the brightness control still won't work with Up and Down. Previous the FN + Up or Down have changed the brightness of the display, but not in macOS, I mean It dimmed it, but not to the end and I had no animation with the dimming HUD. With this DSDT this behavior is gone and FN + Up or Down does nothing. Whatelse can I try?