(Solved) E6330 Successful Upgrading to Catalina but major problems

vpquebec

Successful upgrade to Catalina from Mojave. Before  upgrading I used CCC app to clone my Mojave OS based disk to a USB 3.0 flash drive and use it to upgrade the OS of my main disk.So if  anything go wrong I can reboot with the USB and correct the problems. Applied the solution I found in the forum to make the wifi card DW1510 worked. The 2 kexts (IO80211Family and IO80211FamilyV2) from Mojave should be put in the Other folder of Clover otherwise wifi not working.

But I have two major problems:

1) Ramdom reboots. 3 in the space of 2 hours. Never had that problem in Mojave

2) My second disk in the media bay no longer readable. I have a message asking me to initialize, ignore or eject. I can see the disk in DiskUtil . I had the same problem in Mojave. The solution was to  remove the AppleAHCIPort kext from the SLE folder and put another version of the kext (found in the Web) in the Other folder of Clover. But the SLE of Catalina is now read only. No way to remove anything from it.

Some of my Hack app are not working in Catalina.

To Hervé and Jack Lo:

1) The reboots (or restart during the sessions) are due to the problematic drive in the media bay. As soon as I take the drive out, the system is very stable no more restart. I have a copy of the report of the crash, about the AppleAHCIDiskQueuManager timeout. I can attached the report.

2) I tried the patch  and removed the two kexts (AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCISerialATAPI_injector.kext) the Other folder of Clover. But the problem remained. I still had the message that the drive is not readable. I tried the solution of removing the AppleAHCPort kext from the SLE as I did in the Mojave. But I cannot boot and I have to reinstall the OS. My question is the values of Find and Replace  (40600200 and 00000000) should be entered as is or be converted as HEX. Can you give the HEX values , please.

3) I have the graphic glitch during the boot. You said that we can upgrade the bios from A11 to A20 to solve the problem.  But that mean I have to generate a new DSDT.aml ? Is there any patch for that problem?

• Moderators
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Media Drive</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	QGACAA==
	</data>
	<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
	<false/>
	<key>MatchOS</key>
	<string>10.14.x,10.15.x</string>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	AAAAAA==
	</data>
</dict>
<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Boot graphics glitch</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<true/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	AQAAdSU=
	</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	AQAA6yU=
	</data>
</dict>

To Herve:

Thank for the info. I put the WEG to the Other folder of Clover. And no more graphics glitch at boot time.

I did put the patch in the confit file. I still have the problem with the disk on the media bay. I still have the message of the disk not readable.  The disk is shown on DiskUtil. It is not hot plugged like on Mojave.

And I also have the crash with the disk on. A crash report is joined. When I take the disk out, I do not have anymore crash.

With Catalina, the SLE folder is read only. So we do not use the 3 statements about  the SLE when we do repair?

Report_20200422A_Crash.rtf.zip